We at Seedlings for Christ totally believe in the power of prayer.
We have been witness to many many miracles, small and large of
God answering us in amazing ways.
We cannot go forward in our work without first looking to Him for His Guidance
September 2014 Prayer Letter
The Lord’s loving kindnesses indeed never cease. For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness – Lamentations 3:22-23 (NASB)
Dear Prayer Partner,
Firstly we would like to thank you for your continued prayer support for Seedlings. We have a lot of things for you to pray for, but to begin with, we would like to thank and praise God together for all His faithfulness and to tell you of what He has been doing to bless Seedlings and the people involved.
As you know it is coming up to the start of a new term, and the last school year closed in July 2014 with a wonderful, official, prize giving presentation to the children and staff in recognition of the progress they have made in the last academic year. We particularly praise God for our new teacher, Esther Clifton, who has a real vision for helping children come to know the Lord Jesus. Esther teachers CRK (Christian Religious Knowledge) and lives in The Gambia and her vision from the Lord is to teach the Bible to Gambian children. She is a committed, passionate believer, dedicated to education, and she has become a real blessing to us this past year. Her calling from the Lord in The Gambia is firstly to teach Gambian children about Jesus and secondly to teach Phonics to the teachers.
We praise the Lord that our former Headmaster S.K is now an advisor at Seedlings School and his help is invaluable to us. Also we thank and praise God for Emmanuel Gomez who has proved to be a worthy successor as Headmaster. We were also blessed last year with two trainee teachers whom, although they have now left us, were greatly blessed by spending time at our school and were sad to leave us.
We thank the Lord that all children and staff at Seedlings School have now had a course of malaria tablets that lasts for three months and will help protect them during this years’ rainy season.
We thank God for the land we have been renting since the school opened in 2010. However, this land is really too small for our needs and we have been praying for a plot of land to become available in the Manjai area where the needy children live. Until now there has been nothing suitable, but in the last year a plot of land has become available near to the school, which is 95 x 35 metres.
We praise God for our sponsors and their continued commitment to helping the children at Seedlings School. Their sponsorship enables the children to attend school, get an education and receive a daily meal; which is a blessing to the whole family. We thank you if you are one of these sponsors - your sponsorship makes a huge difference.
We praise God that our medical voucher scheme is very successful in the rural villages. This scheme enables folk in the villages who could not afford to go to the hospital, to get medical treatment at the local clinic. The scheme was started by visiting teams on our annual trips to The Gambia and is a growing need.
Points for prayer
- Please pray for all of our year six children who have now left the school and will be going to Upper Basic schools from September. Please also pray for their sponsors.
- Also please pray for all the children in their new classes this coming academic year including our newest children and also for the teachers.
- Please pray for good health and the Lord’s protection for each of our children, our teachers and their families during this rainy season.
- Please lift up in prayer Mo and Marie, our own trainee teachers, who teach at Seedlings school during term time and go to college in the holidays.
- Pray for the in-school training week at the start of this next academic year.
- Due to the recession, a good number of sponsors have sadly had to withdraw sponsorship. As well as this, we have twenty new children starting in September. Please pray for openings for talks in schools and churches in the coming year and that the Lord shows us clearly which people to speak to and brings forward new people interested in sponsoring the children.
- With regards to the land, please pray for the Lord to guide us in choosing the right place to buy and build the new Seedlings School – Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain – Psalm 127:1
- Please pray for continued support for the medical voucher scheme and all the people involved.
We really do value your prayers and we will be sending a prayer letter out regularly. If you have specific things you would like us to include in our next prayer letter either for prayer or praise, please contact Linda or Beth at the following: -s and bless the people, not only materially but with knowledge of the fact that it is He who is blessing them. Pray also that he would continue to reveal Himself to the man who gave his life to Hi